Paramount Software has released an update to Macrium Reflect. This program can create a disk image of a partition or hard disk. In addition to the free version, there are also paid performances those different extras such as being able to create a file backup or an incremental backup, encryption and restore from a backup to hardware other than the one on which it was created.
From version 7.1 the free version may now also be used in commercial environments. Furthermore, there is Image Guardian, which protects backup files against unauthorized modifications, improvements have been made to virtual images and several issues have been fixed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Version 7.2.4523 Error
- Internet access through a proxy server could cause v7.2.4523 to receive a program error when checking for updates. This has been resolved.
XP Boot Menu
- Windows XP can now handle boot menu creation when the ‘C:’ drive has the compressed attribute set.
Auto System restore
- A “Backup is running” message box could be incorrectly shown on Windows Vista when performing an automatic restore. This has been resolved.
SQL Continuous backup
- The Start and End time calculations didn’t take into account the local time zone. This has been resolved.
Rescue Media Builder
- On multi-boot systems, Windows RE WIM files for a different architecture to the current OS will now be ignored when scanning.
- When building rescue media with a custom wim for a different architecture to the running OS (eg. A 32-bit custom wim on a 64-bit system), RMBuilder will now detect the architecture mismatch and will not try to copy drivers from the host OS.
- On Windows Vista, RMBuilder would sometimes give “WIM file not found” error messages when a valid Wim file was present. This has been resolved.
- Since Windows PE does not support wifi, Windows PE rescue media will no longer give Unsupported Devices messages for wifi devices.
- In certain cases, 64-bit drivers could be automatically copied into the 32-bit drivers folder. This has been resolved.
- USB root hubs will now be shown in the list of devices on RMBuilder’s Devices And Drivers options tab.
- If the Windows ADK is installed but a newer version of Windows PE is available from a zip file, RMBuilder will now build rescue media from the zip file wim rather than the ADK wim ..
- When performing an automatic restore on a system with multiple network adapters, the rescue media would sometimes not correctly set the network configuration for all adapters. This has been resolved.
- USB Devices in RMBuilder now show the volume label as well as the drive letter.
- The ‘Backup Selection’ dialog in Reflect and the ‘Update Drivers’ dialog in RMBuilder have been updated to allow for easier browsing for network folders.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|
|License type||Freeware / Paid|