Gretech has released an update for version 2.2 of GOM Player. This free media player is developed by Gretech and is suitable for Windows XP or higher. GOM Player comes with several popular codecs, so they don’t need to be installed separately in Windows. If a file is played for which the codec is not yet available, it can be automatically found and added via the codec finder. Furthermore, support is available for playing incomplete files and of course also for subtitles. The installer comes with an AVG toolbar, but installation is optional. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Changes in version 22.214.171.12481 include the following.
- Made major improvements to the Gretech Source Filter, affecting the issues below:
- Improved playback support for MOV files recorded by CASIO digital cameras.
- Improved player’s ability to correctly recognize display aspect ratios for various file types.
- Fixed an issue where some MOV files would not play smoothly below 1x playback speed.
- Improved playback support for RAW AVI files.
- Fixed an issue where certain files with multiple audio tracks would play at double speed after changing the audio track and improved playback for such files.
- Corrected playback time display and playback support for certain WMV files.
- Fixed seeking issues in certain FLV files.
- Improved playback support for MPEG1 and MPEG2 files (TS, MTS, M2TS, etc.)
- Improved playback support for OGM files.
- Corrected an issue where certain videos with a single audio track would be recognized as dual-audio.
- 90, 180, and 270 degree rotation feature added.
This feature can be enabled from the player preferences window, the right-click menu under “Video”, and via the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [S].
- Added Playback support for H.265 (HEVC) video files.
- Album art will now be displayed when playing MP3 files instead of the animated GOM background (but only if readable album art data is present for the file you are playing!)
- Added hardware playback support for Intel Quick Sync Video.
- Improved the “Move by keyframe” feature.
- Added support for AC3-SPDIF Output.
- Added support for Apple Closed Caption subtitles.
- Fixed an issue where DVD playback on certain 32bit OS would cause forced terminations of GOM Media Player.
- Added links to the Official Gom Media Player website, FAQ, etc. to the default GOM2.2 skin.
- Corrected a security issue
- Other misc. changes and fixes.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|