Foxit Software has released version 9.6 of Foxit Reader. This alternative to Adobe Reader works great with most PDF documents, but complex or very large documents can sometimes be a bit too much of a challenge. However, it is a godsend for computers with limited resources. Nowadays, documents can also be stored online in Foxit Cloud. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
New Features and Enhancements:
- PDF index searching
- Search PDF index using Advanced Search, which can greatly speed up searches in PDF files.
- More seamless integration with ECM
- Add an option that allows you to create PDFs from files in SharePoint, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Enhanced integration with Alfresco helps users better manage and share PDF documents.
- Enable you to add Numbered lists to paragraphs when using Typewriter/Callout/Textbox features.
- Enhancements in digital signatures
- Support Long Term Validation (LTV) for digital signatures in PDF, which is useful to ensure the document can be validated at any time in the future.
- Allow you to create a digital signature in compliance with PAdES standard.
- Place digital signatures on multiple files.
- Offer improvements in setting a scale ratio and calibrating the measurements in the document.
- Get annotation properties through JS.
- Add an option to scan a paper document to multiple PDF files directly.
- Provide a new-style user interface during the installation of the EXE package.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
- Fixed some security and stability issues. click here for details.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|