Sunday the final release of version 0.9.6.6 of foobar2000 was released. This popular music player can handle mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, aac, ogg vorbis, flac and ogg flac, wavpack, wav, aiff, au, snd, cdda and wma, as well as support for Replay Gain. The player can also convert different formats to each other and the program has extensive options to adjust the tags. In addition, it is possible to change the functionality using plugins to expand further. To improve stability, specific versions of certain plugins can recently be blocked when they generate too many crash reports. In version 0.9.6.6, the following improvements have been made:
Changes in version 0.9.6.6:
- Matroska files are now taggable even if they don’t contain decodable audio tracks.
- Worked-around “Open Containing Folder” command opening two windows on certain machines.
- Added support for Multimedia Class Scheduler Service on Windows Vista and newer.
- Various changes to make specific obscure crashes easier to analyze.
- Updated third-party component blacklist.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|