Emsisoft has released updates to Anti-Malware and Internet Security. Anti-Malware protected against viruses and malware, while Internet Security also has the Online Armor firewall on board. A license for Anti-Malware costs four bucks and for Internet Security that is five. The programs are suitable for Windows XP or higher and can be tested for 30 days. After those thirty days, the programs switch to free mode, which can scan and uninstall, but offers no real-time protection. In version 188.8.131.5285, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Internet Security 184.108.40.20685 released.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware† Emsisoft Internet Security 220.127.116.1185 released. This is maintenance release for improved usability, speed, detection and stability. Note: This update requires a computer reboot.
- New notification with scan statistics after boot, if PC was shutdown by ‘Shutdown computer on scan completion’.
- New scheduled scans button on scan dialog.
- New context menu for application rules dialog.
- Redesigned and improved core driver modules.
- Improved Behavior Blocker digital signature check on computer startup.
- Improved update process.
- Improved automatic update scheduler.
- Improved logging details for Behavior Blocker/File Guard/Surf Protection.
- Improved automatic refreshing of logs.
- Improved ‘Restore’ and ‘Save copy’ from Quarantine now shows a dialog asking if you want to add the file to white-list.
- Improved ‘Restore from Quarantine’ now shows a dialog asking if you want to overwrite an existing file.
- Improved whitelist grid keyboard navigation.
- Improved installation wizard: Now requires a reboot at the last step instead of after scan when malware has been found.
- Improved installation wizard: Fixed verification of correct installation.
- Improved support for TLS for email notifications.
- Improved loading of hosts file in Protection/Surf Protection.
- Improved stability and GUI enhancements.
- Fixed a possible install wizard hang after entering an incorrect license key.
- Fixed an occasional issue where ‘Application changed’-alert resulted in a loop.
- Fixed a crash on GUI unload after “Shutdown on scan finish”, if auto-quarantine option selected.
- Fixed repeated removable drive notification.
- Fixed an issue where sending a test email froze the GUI.
- Fixed a possible application crash on PC shutdown.
- Fixed a possible install wizard hang when an invalid license key was entered.
- Fixed an issue with the notification area icon context menu.
- Fixed an issue with Surf Protection for Chromium based browsers.
- Fixed an issue in Windows safe mode.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8|