Emsisoft has released an update for version 10 of Anti-Malware and Internet Security. Anti-Malware protects against viruses and malware, while Internet Security also has the Online Armor firewall on board. A license for Anti-Malware costs four tens and for Internet Security that is five. The programs are suitable for Windows XP or higher and can be tested for 30 days. After those thirty days, the programs switch to free mode, which can scan and uninstall, but offers no real-time protection. In version 10, the program has become a lot faster and it can be set in such a way that no private data is sent to Emsisoft. In this update, which requires the computer to be restarted, the following improvements have also been made:
- Behavior blocker performance.
- Display of the scan-type on the Current Scan screen.
- Stability of the Surf Protection / Import hosts file functionality.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Startup/shutdown delays in Windows 10.
- An occasional crash in the trial version dialog.
- Occasional crashes: “SaveAutoUpdateSettings” and “Argument out of range”.
- An issue where access to Windows file-shares was blocked when File Guard was running in “Thorough” mode.
- Canceling an update in initializing phase resulted in a “connection error” log entry.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|