Dotsyntax is developing Digsby, a multifunctional communication program. This program allows chatting via the networks of AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber and Facebook Chat. In addition, email from Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL/AIM Mail, and regular imap and pop3 accounts can be monitored. Finally, the program can see if anything has happened on the pages on the social networking sites of Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and Linkedin. The intention is that versions for Linux and Mac OS X will also be developed, but Digsby is currently only available for Windows. A new public test version was released last Wednesday with build number 61 and the most important changes are summarized for you below:
Notable changes include:
- Brand New Look: We released a sleek new default skin called “Windows 7″ (by @Derek Erdmann). If your skin is set to anything besides the default, this will not override your preference. If you prefer the old look, go to Preferences > Skins and choose the “QuickSilver” skin.
- MySpace Newsfeed: In Build 60, we switched the Infobox over to a full blown web browser (WebKit). We said that the change would make the Infobox much more versatile and this is the first example of that. We are introducing a completely redesigned MySpace newsfeed which now includes a full Activities Stream, status updates, and the ability to browse through photos.
- Global Status: A new Global Status dialog makes it easy to set your status across social networks and IM accounts. You can access it from the status dropdown on the buddy list or by double clicking any social network. The Global Status dialog also has spell checking built in and makes it easy to share links (via digs.by) and pictures (via pic.im).
- URL Shortener: We are launching a URL shortener just for Digsby users under the domain http://digs.by. In the future you will be able to access a history of links you shared and statistics about how many times they were clicked.
- OneRiot: We partnered with OneRiot to make it easy for you to search the real-time web. Just hit “Ctrl + F” on the buddy list to search.
|Version number||beta build 61|
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|