Version 6.6.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber from the well-known webshops.
In version 6.0 among other things, the switch to Qt 6 has been made. However, this means that the program only works on computers equipped with a 64-bit processor and a minimum of Windows 10 or macOS 11 is required. Furthermore, it is now possible to search all books in the library instead of just the current book, and there are also versions for Arm and Apple Silicon processors. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this fourth update:
- Book details: allow displaying multi-valued categories such as tags on separate lines via Preferences->Look & feel->Book details.
- Tag browser: When searching the Tag browser also allow filtering the book list to show only books that match one of the categories currently shown in the Tag browser. Close tickets: 1989813.
To use, enable these two preferences: “Preferences->Look & feel->Tag browser->Hide empty categories” and “Find shows all items that match”. Then, when searching the Tag browser, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F to restrict the displayed books.
- Edit book: When right clicking on HTML files in EPUB 3 books, allow marking them as the Table of Contents (NAV document). Close tickets: 1990507.
- EPUB Output: Fix converting a document with obfuscated fonts to EPUB 3 not working. Close tickets: 1990185.
- Edit book: Fix an error when processing books that contain comments inside unknown CSS @ rules. Close tickets: 1990660.
- Content server: Fix jumping to locations such as bookmarks not working on iPhone/iPad running iOS >= 15. Closes tickets: 1989722.
- Font subsetting: Fix :first-line and :first-letter pseudo classes not being handled correctly. Close tickets: 1990766.
- Workaround for Amazon’s email delivery service not reading metadata from inside ebook files.
- Edit book: File list: Fix pressing Tab key while renaming a file not starting the rename of the next file.
- Version 6.6.1 fixes a regression that caused the Edit metadata window to not remember its last used size. Note that you will have to resize it once after updating to 6.6.1, after which the size will be remembered.
Improved news sources
- Spectator Magazine
- Mirror Online International
|Operating systems||Linux, macOS, Windows 10, Windows 11|