Version 5.17 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- E-book viewer: Image popup: Allow dragging with the mouse to pan the image.Closes tickets: 1926484.
- Sort button: Allow selecting which columns are in the popup sort menu. Close tickets: 1923724.
- E-book viewer: When suggesting a default bookmark title, use the name of the current chapter. Close tickets: 1851908.
- E-book viewer: When searching the Table of Contents allow holding the Shift key to search backwards. Close tickets: 1925038.
- E-book viewer: Add a shortcut Ctrl+0 to restore default font size. Close tickets: 1925294.
- Windows MTP driver: Rewrite parts of the driver in the hope of fixing some rare and hard to reproduce crashes.
- Windows MTP driver: Set modified and created times when putting files/folders on device. Also read modified time correctly.
- Windows: E-book viewer: Fix switching away from viewer while in full screen and switching back causing some corruption until the page is scrolled. Close tickets: 1918591.
- Fix a regression in the previous release that caused errors when editing empty date values. Close tickets: 1925378.
- Get books: Update Gutenberg plugin for website changes.
- E-book viewer: The quick highlight button should replace the style of an existing highlight, when one is selected. Close tickets: 1926518.
- Elide long items in the middle when showing the completion popup for tags, to make it easier to use with hierarchical tags. Close tickets: 1925247.
- E-book viewer: Read aloud: Fix soft hyphens causing read aloud words to be broken up. Close tickets: 1925988.
- E-book viewer: Right clicking when text is selected should extend the selection instead of doing nothing. Close tickets: 1925390.
- Fix settings in the ToC Editor tool being forgotten when caliber is closed.
- DOCX Output: Fix conversion failing if the input document has missing images. Close tickets: 1926025.
- Content server viewer: Fix mouse wheel scrolling not working on the box used to edit notes for highlights. Close tickets: 1925961.
- E-book viewer: Fix read aloud word tracking in flow mode not very reliable.
- E-book viewer: Fix navigation shortcuts not working in Read aloud mode.
Improved news sources
- Krebs On Security
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|