Version 5.14 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Edit book: When right clicking on a class in a HTML file, add an option to rename the class throughout the book.
- Adding from ISBN: Add an option to check if there are existing books with the specified ISBNs already in the library. Close tickets: 1919103.
- Template tester: Instead of next/last, the template tester now shows the template values for selected books. Close tickets: 1920576.
- Content server: Allow swiping left and right to show next/previous book on the book details page. Close tickets: 1918047.
- E-book viewer: Make the commonly used shift+arrow key shortcuts for modifying selections using the keyboard work. Also add shorcuts for selecting by character, line and paragraph. Close tickets: 199072.
- MOBI Output: Fix latest kindle firmware not displaying select publisher font option for caliber produced azw3 files. Close tickets: 1920613.
- E-book viewer: Fix errors when viewing books with mathematics that are split over multiple internal files. Close tickets: 1919033.
- Content server viewer: Fix highlights not sorted correctly in the highlights panel. Close tickets: 1918436.
- Get books: Fix smashwords plugin not working because of website changes. Close tickets: 1918737.
- Improve the performance of QuickView especially when using composite columns. Close tickets: 1920733.
- Improve performance of the virtual_libraries() template function. Close tickets: 1918428.
- Browser viewer: Fix Go to Location not working for positions. Close tickets: 1920250.
- E-book viewer: Fix searching in the Table of Contents not working. Close tickets: 1905257.
- E-book viewer: In paged mode, fix scrolling not working correctly when margins are set to zero. Close tickets: 1918105.
- E-book viewer: Fix incorrect ToC navigation in books that link the entries to inline tags that wrap block tags that span multiple pages. Close tickets: 1918437.
- Category editor: Searching in library shouldn’t automatically opens Quickview. Close tickets: 1920592.
- Conversion: Fix a hang caused by long sequences of non-word characters when heuristics are enabled, either explicitly or for some input formats such as TXT. Close tickets: 1919260.
- Fix a regression in caliber 5 that broke –explode-book and –implode-book actions for caliber-debug.exe.
- Fix a regression in caliber 5 that broke setting metadata in RTF files.
New news sources
- ZackZack.at by Dirk Gomez.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|