Version 5.12 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this release:
- E-book viewer: When searching start the search from the current position, jumping to the first match at or after the current page. Close tickets: 1915773.
- E-book viewer: Have the Table of Contents view automatically scroll to keep the chapter being read currently visible.Closes tickets: 1916411.
- Various improvements to the caliber template language, see here for more info.
- Edit book: File browser: Show total size of items in category when hovering over category with mouse.
- Kobo driver: Add support for latest firmware and also an option to choose the color used for cover letterboxing.
- E-book viewer: Fix selection popup bar sometimes going off screen when dragging up to the top line of text. Close tickets: 1915685.
- Get books: Update the Biblio and Chitanka stores for website changes
Improved news sources
- Harper’s Magazine
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|