What’s New in Release 1.2
- Drag & drop to move selected text: Enable the dragDropText preference to drag and drop any selected text. works with multiple selections too! (by Marcel Gerber†
- CSS color name code hints: Code hints for standard named colors in CSS/LESS/SCSS, with color swatch preview. (by Marcel Gerber†
- SVG code hints: For tags, attributes, and attribute values - also including named colors. (by Amin Ullah Khan†
- Dart syntax highlighting (by Marcel Gerber†
- Windows High DPI support: Brackets automatically renders text, icons, and images more crisply on high-DPI displays (similar to the appearance on Mac Retina screens).
- Use additional named keys in custom key bindings: PageUp, PageDown, Home, End, Insert, Delete. Can be used by extensions or in user custom key bindings.
- Windows: Improved window positioning: Brackets stays positioned onscreen after a monitor is unplugged or screen resolution is changed.
- Remember last-opened file in File > Open dialog box: Now matches existing Mac & Windows behavior. (by Marcel Gerber†
- Translation updates for: Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Romanian, Serbian. (by Hanhua Hong† Pavel Dvorak† falls† Marcel Gerber† Goran Vasic† Micleu?anu Nicu†
Full change logs: brackets and brackets-shell
Split View – The editor pane that is inactive is no longer dimmed. To restore the dimming behavior, install the Zen Pane extension†
jQuery – Upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3
Event listeners – Deprecation warnings occur when extensions use $().on()/off() on Brackets core modules and model objects. Call .on()/off() directly instead, as introduced in Brackets 1.1. (For DOM elements, continue to use jQuery events).
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
colors – Use ColorUtils.COLOR_NAMES for a list of standard CSS/SVG named colors.
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is “Not Responding” even when it’s working normally (#5794† You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- SVG Code Hints †part 2† part 3) by Amin Ullah Khan
- New preference: dragDropText to enable drag & drop selected text in editor by Marcel Gerber
- Code hints for CSS named colors† with color swatch previews by Marcel Gerber
- Linux: Remember last-opened file and show proper title in Open/Save pickers by Marcel Gerber
- Enable Dart syntax highlighting by Marcel Gerber
- Add menu item to enable experimental Multi-Browser Live Preview by Arzhan “kai” Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- New preference: uppercaseColors to use uppercase color picker hex codes by triangle717
- Correctly highlight CSS hint matches in dark themes by Amin Ullah Khan
- Fix several issues with color picker’s text editing by Marcel Gerber
- Linux: Darker menu item font weight to improve readability by Mark Simulacrum
- Fix vertical sizing/layout issues when viewing large image files by Edward Januszewskic
- Ensure Find in Files match is in the visible part of the line in results panel by Marcel Gerber
- Fix clicking an Extension Manager tab while still loading by Marcel Gerber
- Multi-Browser Live Preview: Fix Live Highlight fadeout on Firefox (note: feature disabled by default) by Arzhan “kai” Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Improve TokenUtils performance via caching by Marcel Gerber
- Add ColorUtils.COLOR_NAMES array by Marcel Gerber
- Update jQuery 2.1.1 to 2.1.3 by Marcel Gerber
- Improved error reporting when unzipping extensions fails by Marcel Gerber
- Fix memory leak in CSS & SVG code hints by Marcel Gerber
- Fix memory leak when opening/closing Extension Manager by Marcel Gerber
- Fix localization marker visible on Getting Started page by Pooya Parsa Dadashi
- Fix error logged after uninstalling/disabling the currently active theme †part 2) by Marcel Gerber
- Fix Linux crash in new CEF branch (not released yet) by Arzhan “kai” Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Fix deprecation warnings in Multi-Browser Live Preview by Arzhan “kai” Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Chinese (Simplified) translation update by Hanhua Hong
- Czech translation update †part 2) by Pavel Dvorak
- Finnish translation update by falls
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Romanian translation update by Miclesanu Nicu
- Serbian translation update by Goran Vasic
- Update KeyBindingManager docs by Martin Zagora
- Fixed typos in MainViewFactory docs by Amin Ullah Khan
- Update Copyright year to 2015 by Marcel Gerber
- Update URL to Jasmine (Fixes #10259) by Steffen Bruchmann
Pulling source code from Git
- Highly recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are significant bug fixes and new features).
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run git submodule update to ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bug fixed in Release 1.2
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.2 bugs† Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
34.20MB – 43.20MB