AlmostVPN 0.9.4 has recently been released for the Mac OS X platform. The program is a Preference Panel to configure different ssh tunnels and uses launchd to control these ssh tunnels. In addition, it can import tunnel definitions from the SSH Tunnel Manager and SSHKeychain programs. With this program you can easily mount remote volumes via an SSH tunnel. The list of adjustments looks like this:
- As a small consolation for mess with Panther support in 0.9.3, Menu Bar control was implemented. It provides the same level of functionality as AlmostVPN Widget on Tiger ( you can list/monitor/start/stop profiles created in AlmostVPN Preference Pane). Obviously, it could be used by Tiger folks too. Jut do not forget, that if you want to be able to start/stop profiles, you local account password should be stored in AlmostVPN keychain.
What Was Fixed Since 0.9.3:
- Ticket #3. Request ssh key-based (passwordless) access
- Ticket #60. login.keychain
- Ticket #62. Will not mount an SMB drive from my home network to my work network.
- Ticket #64. AlmostVPN should clean all temprorary files once profile gets stopped
- Ticket #66. AlmostVPN complains about failure to locate almostVPN@almostVPN password