Malwarebytes has released version 7.2.3 of AdwCleaner. This program is intended for the removal of malware, such as toolbars added to web browsers and so-called hijackers, which, among other things, adjust the start page and search engine. Support is available for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. After the scan has been carried out, you can decide for yourself what needs to be removed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this publication:
- The left sidebar is not disabled anymore during critical processes.
- Improved Windows 7+ integration: the progress is now in the taskbar
- Improved remediation capabilities
- Prepare major database optimization in upcoming versions (size reduction, detection improvement, …).
- Update Malwarebytes moto: “Imagine a world without malware. We do.”
- Display the database status in the logfile header: “Cloud” / “Local”.
- Do not detect vaccines anymore.
- Update Generic detections
- Definitions 2018.08.30.1