Synology has released a new release of version 5.0 of Disk Station Manager. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on several of the company’s NAS products. The Disk, Cube and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. For example, backups of all clients on the network can be made and files can be downloaded via http, ftp, bittorrent, usenet and emule, so that, for example, energy-hungry PCs can switch off at night, while the download just comes in. In addition, audio and video files can be streamed over the network via the built-in iTunes server, a dynamic website can be hosted using PHP and MySQL and the device can act as a print server.
To be able to install version 5.0, at least version 4.3 must already be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for the nas models that end in 10 or higher. For the other conditions and the different downloads, see this page. A live demo is available on this page are being found. In version 5.0 we find, among other things, a new interface and the Package Center has also been overhauled. You can read more on our front page and of course at Synology. The changelog for version 5.0 build 4482 looks like this:
Compatibility and Installation
- After installing this version of DSM on DS214play, the device will shut down and then power on automatically after two minutes.
- Added the GeoIP ** feature in Firewall settings, enabling you to allow or block IP addresses from certain countries.
- Added an option to save files in UTF-8 (with BOM) format in Text Editor.
- Fixed a security issue of Windows File Service to prevent remote attackers from obtaining access. (CVE-2013-4496)
- Fixed several security issues related to cURL. (CVE-2014-0139, CVE-2014-0015, CVE-2013-6422)
- Fixed an issue where CGI programs could not run on Personal websites.
- Added feature to disconnect user connections to HTTP(S) services after a user’s password is changed.
- Improved the stability of iSCSI target service.
- Improved the stability of file transfers via Apple File Protocol.
** This feature includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind.
|Version number||5.0 build 4482|