Syabas Technology released a new firmware for the Popcorn Hour A-100 last week. This so-called Networked Media Tank can play audio and video from the optional hard disk. But the device can also be used without a hard disk, because content can then be streamed from a NAS system or a computer. Updating the firmware can be done by extracting the zip file to the root of a USB memory stick and then browsing to the file ‘usbupdate.html’ from the menu. Below are the release notes for this release:
Release notes for version 01-17-091022-15-POP-402-000:
- New NMT apps, 00-17-091014-15-POP-402
- Internet Radio link added in Web Services
- Screensaver support during playback pause
- non-JPEG rotation
- Japanese subtitle support option
- Remove “Audio */*: ***” message at start of video playback (eg TS)
- IDX/SUB support added
- Image cache issue fix/td>
- workaround DirecTV UPnP crash issue
- Fixed ISO with single subtitle track cannot display (QA#0528)
- Turkish codepage bug fix
- workaround MP3 volume soft after ISO/IFO playback (QA#0487)
- Fixed copy small file from NTFS cause system crash
- Fixed HDD icon on Media Source page occasionally disappearing
- Fixed MP3 volume soft after DVD playback.
- Added Dolby Digital disclaimer at [Maintenance] page.
- Fixed Missing HDD/USB device entries from [Media Source] page.
- Prevent multiple [Media Source] page refresh during startup process.
- Fixed blank info in network share edit page, also missing remove button.
- Fixed blank page when browse network share from network share page
- Fixed wording “Scan complete” appears at the top left corner after performing wifi scan.
- Fixed VESA tv mode display either flickering or black screen.
- Fixed Selecting AP “linksys28” will have the SSID wrongly changed to “linksys28P1”
- Fixed UPnPAV server detection issue after changing new hostname or restarting server.
- Fixed Playback of BD-ripped M2TS (eg movie “Taken”) causing system crash.
- Fixed broken Kartina TV support.
- Changed Japanese and Chinese (both simplified & traditional) translation of “Crop” under “Video Zoom” option in setup page.
- Fixed volume automatically increased from “-15” to “-14” issue when playback the next item in a playlist.
- Fixed refreshing server listing page shows corrupted page
- Fixed vobsub crash when only idx file exist in the folder
- Fixed vobsub load regardless of filename
- Fixed vobsub positioning problem
- Fixed twonkyserver photo slide show using low resolution
- Multi-language vobsub not supported
NMT Apps Version : 00-17-091014-15-POP-402
- Minimum firmware version to use this NMT App is 00-17-090115-15-POP-40x-000
- Myihomelite, change audio playback slideshow images
- Unzip into the root of your USB thumbdrive. Browse to usbupdate.html to update.
- Please DO NOT power off the unit during firmware update, as it will render your unit inoperational.