Insta360 has for its One R-action cameras released new firmware, with version number 1.0.12. This is a modular camera with a resolution of 5312×3552 pixels for photos or 5312×2988 pixels at 30fps for video. The camera can also be connected to the iPhone 8, 11, X, XS and XR or an Android device with USB-OTG, based on a soc such as the Qualcomm 845 / Kirin 980 / Exynos 9810 or later. The changes in this update are summarized as follows:
- HDR video has been improved.
- Color reproduction and white balance has been improved (1-Inch Wide Angle).
- The on-camera user interface has been improved.
- Added SD card options in the camera settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where exposure would flash in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where, when in linear mode, the live preview was not consistent with what was being captured (1-Inch Wide Angle).
- The stability of the Dual-Lens 360 Mod has been improved.