New tweaked Catalyst drivers are available on Omega Corner. They listen to version number 2.6.05a, are almost 15MB in size and are based on the 5.1 release of ATi itself. These drivers are an update to version 2.6.05 (without a) released two days ago, which were impossible for many people to install. This was due to an old version of Driver Cleaner that did not delete the correct keys from the registry before installing the new drivers. That problem has now been solved and drivers can be downloaded from this one page to be downloaded. The complete changelog looks like this:
What’s new in 2.6.05a
- Installation bug fix or v2.6.05
- Based on the Catalyst 5.1 Official drivers.
- Added support for a few new PCI-X video cards.
- Separated the 9700 and 9800 soft mods, some people with 9500 cards where reporting problems using the unified mode I tried in previous sets, now it should be ok.
- Updated Multires to version 1.49.
- Updated Driver Cleaner Omega Edition to latest version
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP|