Nvidia has released new stable GeForce drivers. The drivers are version number 442.74 WHQL, are suitable for Windows 7 and higher, and can be used on cards based on the Kepler architecture or newer. This release includes improvements for the DOOM Eternal game and fixes an issue in Red Dead Redemption 2. The complete release notes are below:
Game Ready for DOOM Eternal
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for DOOM Eternal.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game shows a black screen after switching windows with [Alt+tab]. 
Windows 7 Open Issues
- [Doom Eternal]: Flickering occurs in the ShadowPlay on-screen settings when in-game VSync is OFF. 
- [Call of Duty – Warzone]: ShadowPlay and Screenshot capture does not work with Windows 7 (200593494)
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. 
Windows 10 Open Issues
- [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay. 
- [DOOM Eternal]: Error occurs in the game while capturing Super Resolution (AI Upres) Image with Ansel.
- [Doom Eternal]: The game frame rate drops when using the Steam in-game FPS counter.  This issue also occurs with non-NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- [DOOM Eternal][HDR]: The game flickers when OS HDR is set to OFF and in-game HDR is set to ON. To work around, enable “Play HDR games and apps” from the Windows HD Color Settings menu.
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Game may display white flashes when player approaches a wall. 
- [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle doesn’t work. (200593020)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
|Version number||442.74 WHQL|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|