AMD has released a new version of its Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 2020 drivers. The drivers are only suitable for the RX 400 and above. The drivers are only offered for 10 and higher. Windows 7 and 8 are now labeled as legacy. Furthermore, 32bit drivers are no longer available. Version 22.7.1 includes the following changes and improvements:
- Swordsman Remake.
- Radeon Boost using Variable Rate Shading with Elden Ring, Resident Evil Village and VALORANT.
- Microsoft Windows 11 version 22b.
- Microsoft Agility SDK Release 1.602 including new minor features.
- Microsoft Agility SDK Release 1.606 including Microsoft Shader Model 6.7.
- Additional Vulkan extensions. Click here for more information.
- AMD Noise Suppression
- Our newest feature: AMD Noise Suppression reduces background audio noise from your surrounding environment using a real-time deep learning algorithm, providing greater clarity and improved concentration whether you are focused on an important meeting or staying locked-in on a competitive game. To learn more, check out our blog post LORD!.
- OpenGL Optimizations
- Up to 79% increase in performance in Minecraft @ 4k Fabulous settings, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.7.1 on the Radeon️ RX 6950XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.6.1
- Up to 75% increase in performance in Minecraft @ 4k Fabulous settings, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.7.1 on the Radeon️ RX 6400, versus the previous software driver version 22.6.1
- Radeon Super Resolution
- Expanded support for discrete Radeon RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen processor notebooks with hybrid graphics.
- RSR has been improved to provide a more seamless experience in borderless fullscreen mode with a performance/quality slider to personalize your gaming experience.
- Lower than expected Folding@home compute performance with OpenCL API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6800.
- Auto Undervolt may disable Zero RPM fan feature.
- Hitman 3 may freeze when rapidly switching between windows in Fullscreen Exclusive mode.
- Video upscaling in browsers appears blurry with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Enhanced Sync may cause games to lock to 15FPS with video playback on extended monitors.
- Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty: Warzone on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Radeon Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh 2.
- Virtual Reality headsets may flicker with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon 570.
- Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
- Microsoft Shader Model 6.7 Relaxed Format Casting and Advanced Texture Operations are currently limited to Radeon RX Vega and later AMD Graphics Products.
|Windows 10, Windows 11