It is December and so it is time to look back on the past year. Apple does this by announcing the fifteen best apps of 2020.
Below are the apps that have been awarded by Apple – their creators will receive an award that looks like an App Store logo. Would you like more information about these apps? Or do you want to download them? Then check out this special one page in the App Store.
- iPhone App of the Year – Wakeout!
- iPhone Game of the Year – Genshin Impact
- iPad App of the Year – Zoom Cloud Meetings
- iPad Game of the Year – Legends of Runeterra
- Mac App of the Year – Fantastical
- Mac Game of the Year – Disco Elysium
- Apple TV App of the Year – Disney +
- Apple TV Game of the Year – Dandara Trials of Fear
- Apple Watch App of the Year – Endel
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year – Sneaky Sasquatch
- App Trend of the Year – Shine
- App Trend of the Year. – Explain Everything Whiteboard
- App Trend of the Year – Caribu
- App Trend of the Year – Sharethemeal
- App Trend of the Year – Pokémon Go
In Apple’s press release on the best apps, Apple Fellow Phil Schiller talks about the award-winning apps: “More than ever, we have used apps this year as a creative outlet and to keep in touch with each other. It wouldn’t have been possible without the important work that developers of new, useful apps have done this year. We’ve seen impressive achievements from all kinds of developers around the world, and the Top 15 Apps of 2020 are great examples of this. “