Malwarebytes has released AdwCleaner version 8.3.0. This program aims to remove malware, such as toolbars added to web browsers and so-called hijackers, which modify the homepage and search engine, among other things. Support is available for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. After the scan has been performed, you can decide for yourself what needs to be removed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Rewritten updater. It now keeps track of the previous channel and uses it for the updated version.
- When running in non-release mode (eg alpha or beta) the channel is displayed on the title bar.
- Make the database update channel distinct from the product update channel (for instance it makes it possible to use AdwCleaner alpha with a beta database).
- Improve handling of json operations.
- Update Malwarebytes branding to “Cyberprotection for everyone”.
- Consolidate most external urls to “adwcleaner.malwarebytes.com”.
- Update definitions to 2021.06.29.1
- Update translations.
- Make the updater more robust as sometimes the updater didn’t launch the new AdwCleaner version.
- Make the GUI arguments parsing more robust.
- Fix some cut-off buttons rendering in Brazilian Portuguese.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|