World of Tanks Blitz has its origin in wargaming, the creator behind World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes, Master of Orion, and Total War: Arena. It can be seen as the little, fast brother of World of Tanks, and is a free-to-play online game in which players battle each other in teams with tanks from roughly the period between 1925 and 1965. The game is free to play, but uses microtransactions to buy better ammunition or premium vehicles, for example. The game runs on Android, iOS, Windows 10 and macOS, in addition, a version is available via Steam. Version 5.3 has been released with the following announcement:
The upcoming update is narrower in scope than some of our other updates. But we are releasing it in the shortest time possible, which means that all subsequent updates will be released earlier too.
Main Changes and Improvements
- Bonus containers (the ones you got used to opening every day) were moved to the separate Containers tab in the Store. A gift icon will notify you of a new container that can be opened for free. Now you can also open bonus containers from the window with the description of their content.
- The Tasks button in the Garage was renamed Missions. Only combat missions will be displayed here.
- With Update 5.3, after completing the battle tutorial, newcomers will play mixed-type battles for some time. In these battles, bots fight instead of some players. Gradually, the number of players in mixed-type battles will increase, bots will become stronger, and their number will reduce. Thus, mixed-type battles will smoothly change into regular battles.
- The mechanism of adding maps in regular battles was changed:
- Battles on only Tier I vehicles are fought on the Fort Despair map.
- Battles on Tier I–II vehicles are fought on the Fort Despair and Mines maps.
- When entering a battle on Tier II–III vehicles or Tier III–IV vehicles, you can play on the Fort Despair, Mines, or Mirage maps.
- The Black Goldville, Dead Rail, Copperfield, Falls Creek, and Himmelsdorf maps were added to the battles on Tier IV–V vehicles.
- Starting from Tier VI, all maps are available.
- To make battles more diverse, the map selection mechanism was updated. Now, the server stores the last ten maps you fought on and tries to select something new. Since it is not easy to satisfy the demands of all players, you can still get a map from your last ten. But even in this case, the system checks all maps, starting from those you played on most rarely.
- Repairs in training rooms became free.
- Characteristics of the VIII M4A1 Revalorisé were improved:
- Reload time had decreased from 10.54 to 9.58 s.
- Cost of Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shells was reduced from 1,200 to 760.
- Turret armor (front/sides/rear) was reinforced from 63/63/63 to 90/65/65 mm.
- Gun mantlet armor was enhanced from 89 to 100 mm.
- The Mecha Phoenix legendary camouflage for the O-47 tank is now permanently available, not only as part of bundles in the Store. Cost to unlock: 1,590.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- The voiceover, which played upon damaging the suspension or gun by a penetrating hit, was changed from “Enemy is hit!” to “Penetration”.
- On sensor devices, the work of Auto-aim was fixed in cases when you track one vehicle with your reticle, but the shell flies towards another.
- Upon unlocking a camouflage or attachment, it is now installed automatically if the selected slot is empty. Camouflage is still installed manually in other slots.
- Mouse sensitivity settings are no longer reset when switching to another tab of the settings.
- The bug, where the exhaust smoke effect was not played 100 seconds after the battle started, was fixed.
- Replays no longer freeze when you pause and fast-forward them.
- The LIVE indicator is now displayed in the menu once the tournament is live-streamed.
- The bug, where the notification of insufficient consumables was displayed when they were installed in all slots, was fixed.
- Various screens, notifications, and descriptions were improved.
- General bugs and client crashes were fixed.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, macOS, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|