Version 5.7.1 of WinSCP has been released. Released under an open source license, this program can be used to securely copy files between two computers. The program supports ftp, secure ftp and the older scpprotocol. WinSCP is not only available as a standalone program, but also as plugin for the file managers FAR and Altap Salamander. The changelog for this release can be found below.
Changes in WinSCP version 5.7.1:
- Translations added: Croatian, Finnish, Korean and Polish.
- Upgraded private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) to 0.64.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1m.
- Not requiring confirmation when canceling an operation.
- Import of Base64-encoded passwords from FileZilla.
- Progress window uses Skip button instead of Cancel when calculating transfer size. 1296
- Workaround for ProFTPD/mod_sftp bug in SSH_FXP_REALPATH handling with SFTP version 6. 1289
- Not asking for master password repeatedly when opening Generate URL dialog. Not asking at all unless user chooses to include password into URL.
- More space for information about translators.
- Bug fix: Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.64. private-key-not-wiped-2 diffie-hellman-range-check
- Bug fix: Failure when working with stored sites when a temporary hidden site for interprocess communication is not properly removed.
- Bug fix: Overwrite confirmation prompt displays name of source file instead of target file, when file name changes, with SFTP, SCP and WebDAV protocols. 1290
- Bug fix: Transfer was not resumed after moving the transfer to the background when source and target file name differs with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to open another externally initiated session while externally initiated session is opening.
- Bug fix: It is not possible to configure certificate accepting with WebDAV protocol in .NET assembly. 1284
- Bug fix: User and group name is not decoded properly from UTF-8 encoding with SFTP version 3 and older. 1288
- Bug fix: When calculating size of files to transfer is canceled, not using the incomplete results to estimate transfer progress.
- Bug fix: When local custom command is applied to a remote folder, it is unconditionally uploaded back after the command finishes. 1294
- Bug fix: Calculation of transfer size could not be moved to background.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10|