WinPatrol has been updated to version 220.127.116.11. This program monitors the system, allowing it to do its work faster and more stable. It detects and stops spy, ad and malware, virus attacks, malicious Internet Explorer addons and prevents homepage hijacks. In addition, a number of other things are monitored, including the processes running on the PC, the hosts file and the file extensions. In addition to the free version, there is also a Plus variant which provides access to a database with extensive information about safe and malicious programs and processes. The full release notes are up this page This is an abbreviated version of the changes in this release:
Changes in WinPatrol 9.7:
- New Startup Programs
- New PLUS Startup Locations Monitored
- 100% Detections of the Top Spyware Threats
- Less frustration for repeating threats
- Buffer Overflow Security Added
- New Standardized Setup Program
- Additional International Help Support
- Tested with Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1
- Bug Fixes and minor enhancements
- Fixed text placement in File Type alert
- Fixed File Type monitoring error when using Explorer to modify some file types.
- Improved RID compatibility with other registry intensive programs.
- Additional PLUS Info files added to the local knowledgebase for free users
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|