A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 7.13. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows running DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new features to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 28,753 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Gecko engine updated to version 2.47.3.
- USB driver converted to PE.
- Some theming improvements.
Bugs fixed in 7.13 (total 16):
- 43167: Witcher 3 will not start
- 47375: Multiple applications crash on unimplemented function msvcr120.dll.?_Schedule@_StructuredTaskCollection@details@Concurrency@@QEAAXPEAV_UnrealizedChore@23@@Z (Photoshop C 2018, CLIP Studio Paint)
- 51129: Function name conflict (ldap_connect) with OpenLDAP 2.5
- 51462: SnowRunner crashes when changing settings
- 51842: include/winnt.h:403:50: error: size of unnamed array is negative
- 52391: Multiple games are missing sound effects since FAudio import (Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Skyrim Legendary Edition)
- 53104: Wireshark can’t start capturing packets
- 53133: uiautomationcore:uiautomation – test_uia_prov_from_acc_properties() crashes on Windows 8
- 53157: –without-mingw builds on Mac can’t unwind exceptions
- 53231: d2d1:d2d1 – test_shared_bitmap() crashes on the TestBot VMs
- 53298: Check boxes don’t scale properly in Qt application with light theme
- 53309: Wizard101 launcher window takes about a minute to appear
- 53335: Crash when converting a rich text editor already containing text into a password input
- 53341: uxtheme:system depends on GetDpiForSystem() which is missing on Windows 10 1507 and earlier
- 53343: The 64-bit itss:protocol fails in Wine
- 53344: HPLOCONS (legacy TLS applications): GnuTLS priority string overrides are ignored in schan_create_session() (patch included)
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|