A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.30. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains exactly 21,783 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- More support for fonts in DirectWrite.
- Improved ATL thunk support.
- A few more C runtime functions.
- Regedit import/export fixes.
Bugs fixed at 1.7.30 (total 50):
- 7920: Post provider setup of WMI core 1.5 installer needs advapi32.dll.WmiOpenBlock stub
- 13593: Microsoft Office 95 installer fails while configuring ODBC drivers.
- 17042: Microsoft OneNote 2007 trial crashes because richedit doesn’t implement ITextDocument
- 17796: Citavi: No network access (wininet.dll InternetGetConnectedStateExW returns incorrect network connection state)
- 18567: Universe at War – Reports installation failed but seem to install just fine
- 18832: compiling with -fprofile-generate fails on sfnt2fnt due to hidden symbol
- 21880: NHL 2009 Cannot be launched
- 21945: regedit export: unmatched REG_SZ quote in *.reg files
- 23293: Pippa Funnell – Secrets of the Ranch fails to start with X error (GLX?)
- 24086: VirtualDub: invisible text in some dialogs
- 24537: TimezAttack Demo has no sound, hangs after intro movie
- 25415: Star Trek Armada II: sound is not smooth
- 25418: Strong Bad Episode 5 crashes at intro movie without native d3dx9_36
- 25433: Mount&Blade-Warband crashes after intro videos in Ubuntu 10.04LTS
- 25514: Teamviewer 6 client: execute in loop and it opens an infinite number of windows
- 25577: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Demo/Deluxe edition, crashes on exit
- 25590: PhysX: Uninstaller says that it installs app instead of removing it
- 25622: Miranda IM and TabSRMM
- 25624: League of Legends launcher wont open
- 25638: Bryce 7 crashes
- 25665: Cool Record Edit: Incorrect window appearance
- 25683: Quicktime Player buttons not visible
- 27026: Regedit.exe – missformed data in an exported REG file
- 29292: “The Settlers – Rise of Cultures” – directx9 error
- 32288: The Settlers 7 performance is really bad in the initial secuence
- 33528: GTA2 hangs up during gameplay
- 33873: Photoshop CS2 fails to “save as”
- 34429: Farming simulator demo is dark (opengl game)
- 34500: Project 64 runs slow when compared to wine 1.4
- 35578: Multiple applications crash on install/startup (‘COMPUTERNAME’ environment variable not present)(Mentor Pads Free Viewer, Flightgear 3, MaxQuant)
- 36323: valgrind shows a possible leak in riched20/tests/txtsrv.c
- 36551: Bittorrent Sync needs bcrypt.dll.BCryptGetProperty
- 37054: Everquest needs d3dx9_30.dll.D3DXCpuOptimizations
- 37118: PVS-Studio Error: Typos
- 37119: PVS-Studio Error: Cascade of conditional operators
- 37121: PVS-Studio Error: String length changing
- 37122: PVS-Studio Error: One counter for two loops
- 37123: PVS-Studio Error: Double type conversion
- 37124: PVS-Studio Error: Difference of unsigned numbers
- 37126: PVS-Studio Error: Printing the result of identical functions
- 37127: PVS-Studio Error: Unreliable tests
- 37164: Adobe Creative Cloud crashes on launch with WinVer set to ‘Windows 7’ (needs IDWriteFactory::CreateCustomFontCollection method implementation)
- 37207: FreeOrion needs msvcp100.dll.?iostream_category@std@@YAABVerror_category@1@XZ
- 37394: PicPick 3.4.1 can’t start
- 37406: Texture corruption when changing graphic options (Eve Online, Sims 3, Diablo 3)
- 37413: login to https:pos.uhaul.net broke in wine 1.7.29
- 37430: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit(2010) Images and Text get blurred after selecting an event with Wine 1.7.29.
- 37431: Incorrect handling of SetBkMode(dc, TRANSPARENT) with hatch brush
- 37437: RIM BlackBerry Device Manager crashes due to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.CancelTimerQueueTimer
- 37471: iexplore ScriptBSC_stop_binding crash
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|