Every other week on Friday, a new development build of Wine is ready and it is again this time. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. This makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X, among others. The database with applications running under Wine, with or without some minor tweaks, there are 12,010 titles at the time of writing, which is 204 fewer than two weeks ago. A decrease for the second time in a row, so probably the broom is being run through the database at this point. Below are the changes and improvements made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- More improvements to OLE copy/paste.
- Beginnings of x86_64 exception handling.
- Direct3D locking fixes.
- ARB shader improvements.
- Better OpenGL pixel format support.
Bugs fixed in 1.1.22:
- Installers/wine fail(s) to extract icons for menu links
- Some apps complain “DDE requires ddeml.dll”; just need a link
- Lords of the Realm 2 installer fails to complete
- Poker Heaven rises on exit
- QuickTimePlayer 18.104.22.168 aborts on unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateRegion
- Half Life 2 Reflections reversed on real world reflections option
- Broken Cross Disk Manager: Crash at start, needs gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap
- Windows Movie Maker needs gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateBitmapFromHICON
- Gamma on screen is brighter after application exits
- Screen/Graphics corruption in Sammy’s Science House
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 6 & 7 / Acrobat Reader 6 & 7 — “Detect and Repair” does nothing (MsiReinstallProduct)
- Unhandled page fault in Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- SkyMap Pro: Tip of the Day is a blank window.
- inetcpl crashes due to unimplemented function wininet.dll.GetDiskInfoA
- Ultraedit v14.00+3 cannot be configured anymore
- Microsoft Pinball Arcade jittery animations
- Trackmania (Nations) Forever doesn’t sometimes work with 3d-glasses
- Scarface fails to start due to “unhandled page fault”
- dogfood: InterPoker on Linux crashes
- Detection of nvidia geforce 9×00 video memory isn’t implemented
- polygon vertex problems on assassin’s creed characters
- .desktop files are created in ~, not in ~/Desktop
- make test fails in monthcal.c
- Provide vista-style symlinks for the profiles directory
- DesignaKnit 7 fails to run
- WINE and Office progs running in background when they shouldn’t be
- Google Chrome window is rendered totally black.
- Office 2003 cannot install Service Pack 3
- Wine’s wordpad doesn’t allow setting font?
- MSN Messenger 7.0 Don’t redraw the chat window correctly
- bejeweled and bejeweled twist use 100% cpu
- Mathematica 7 Player complains “could not establish a connection to the kernel”
- PCMark 05 crashes on unimplemented d3dx9_25.dll.D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory
- IP Softphone 2050 won’t start
- unimplemented function setupapi.dll.CM_Locate_DevNode_ExA
- vlc 0.9.8a segfaults on launch
- WiX fails with builtin msi.dll
- winamp’s installer shows corrupted checkbox buttons
- System Font Linking fails with MS Shell Dlg
- Clipboard (Ctrl+V) no longer works in Word 2003/2007
- Everest Poker and Casino exit silently with builtin gdiplus
- Adobe Updater: crashes when installing updates
- Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime Error 0xD0000022
- Incorrect font rendering in Japanese locale
- Garrys mod crashes when joining.
- hs950 firmware installer crashes on exit with unimplemented function SETUPAPI.dll.SetupUninstallOEMInfA
- Deleting the last entry in the overrides tab in winecfg is not shown correctly
- Child windows jump when clicked and dragged by title bar
- Dotnet power profile fixmes cause irritation in bash/dash
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|