Version G:3.2.2 of the third generation of Waterfox has been released. Waterfox is a web browser based on the source code of Firefox. The project was started in 2011 by the then sixteen-year-old Alex Kontos and was one of the first 64-bit browsers on the market. There are two versions of the browser available. Waterfox G3 is based on Firefox ESR78 with various optimizations, has no plug-in whitelist and does not send telemetry to Mozilla or Waterfox. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- Resolved varying Abyss and Floe theme issues.
- Added compatibility for xfinity.com
- Bookmark toolbar context menu can now be used after visiting about:preferences
- Linux and macOS should now have language selections in about:preferences -> General -> Language and Appearance -> Language
- Upgraded to Gecko 78.11
- Windows builds currently do not build with language packs – this is being looked into and should be resolved next release.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|