VMware has released version 16.1 of Workstation Player. Player is free software to create and run virtual machines. However, a fee is charged for commercial use. Simply put, it is a simplified implementation of other VMware products, such as Workstation Pro, Server, and ESX Server. Microsoft Virtual PC virtual machines and Symantec LiveState Recovery disks are also supported. In addition, several preinstalled virtual machines can be installed via this page are downloaded, such as Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora. In version 16.1 we find support for various new operating systems and some problems have been fixed.
- Support for new host/guest operating systems:
- Windows 10 20H2
- Ubuntu 20.10
- fedora 33
- RHEL 8.3
- Updated vctl kind to support KIND v0.9.0
- The Exporting Cluster Logs functionality in kind does not work.
- Cannot start the virtual machine after upgrade to VMWare Workstation 16.0 on openSuSE 15.1 Leap Host. It hangs at the “waiting for connection” phase.
- The virtual machine boot up on the Microsoft Windows host takes long time and it appears as if the virtual machine does not start when the enhanced keyboard is set to “Required”.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019|