The Czech CZ.NIC released a new version of its Turris OS earlier this month with version number 5.2.2. This is the firmware for the open source routers Turris 1.x, Turris MOX and Turris Omnia. It is based on OpenWRT and according to the makers will be provided with security updates for life. In a blog from 2020, the history of the development of these routers is explained. The abbreviated announcement of this release is as follows:
Turris OS 5.2.2 has been released
Dear Turris Community,
We released Turris OS 5.2.2 yesterday to the testing branch 5, after one RC version, we released it to you!
What’s has been improved in this release?
- Added Turris 1.x basic support for Network Interfaces
- Added support for longer Honeypot as a Service tokens
- Updated kernel to version 4.14.236
- Updated mac80211 to version 4.19.193-test1
- Updated mosquitto to version 1.6.15
Your router will download and apply this update automatically. If you are using approvals or delayed updates, we suggest you check the Updates tab in reForis to proceed with this update.