Tails stands for “The amnesic incognito live system” and is a live Linux distribution that focuses on privacy and anonymity. It uses Debian GNU/Linux as its base and adds a Gnome environment with Tor, Tor Browser, Pidgin, Thunderbird, Electrum, LibreOffice, GPG and KeePassXC. For more information, please refer to this page. The development team has released version 4.14 and added the following changes and improvements:
Changes and updates
- Add support for the Ledger hardware wallets in Electrum. (#15353)
- Update Tor Browser to 10.0.7.
- Update Thunderbird to 78.5.1.
- Update Linux to 5.9. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Remove the Unifont font. (!263)
- Fix Additional Software by updating the APT key for deb.torproject.org. (#18042)
- Fix changing the administration password stored in the Persistent Storage. (#18018)
- Fix opening the Persistent Storage of another Tails USB stick in the Files browser. (#18050)
- Restore automatically a GnuPG public keyring from its backup when it gets corrupt. (#17807)
For more details, read our changelog.
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|