SuperAntiSpyware has been updated to version 4.34.1000. Don’t be fooled by the ‘wrong’-sounding name of this program, it is indeed one of the better of its kind. SuperAntiSpyware claims to protect against more than one million threats on the Internet, including spyware, of course, but also trojans, worms and rootkits. In addition, it is also able to remove programs that claim to protect against viruses and malware, but are in fact wolves in sheep’s clothing, the so-called rogue programs. SuperAntiSpyware can be compared to Ad-Aware from Lavasoft. In addition to the free version, there is also a paid variant, which includes real-time protection and the ability to schedule a scan.
In this release, among other things, memory management has been improved, which should lead to slightly better performance. Furthermore, the development of a separate 64bit version of the program has been underway for some time now. In the forum A test version of SuperAntiSpyware can already be downloaded, but this requires a free registration first. The changelog for version 4.34.1000 also looks like this:
- Updated Kernel Drivers
- Memory management improved resulting in slightly faster scanning
- Trace engine enhancements to clean up more non-critical traces
- Windows 7/Vista Limited User technology enhancements
- Scanning engine enhancements to handle rogues more efficiently
- 64-bit Users: Native Pre-Release Available in our forums!
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|