Smartsoft has released version 4.0 build 1102 of its ftp client SmartFTP. SmartFTP is a very extensive ftp client and includes support for secure connections via tls and ssl, server-to-server communication via fxp, error checking via xcrc and various nat and upnp environments. The program is available in the flavors home and professional. The latter offers as extras including secure-ftp, file encryption and the ability to use scripts. Below you can find everything that has changed since the previous entry in Meuktracker:
Changes in version 4.0 build 1102:
- FTP: Support for virtual FTP hosts: FEAT command can now be sent before login to support HOST command. KB article.
Changes in version 4.0 build 1101:
- Unspecified changes.
Changes in version 4.0 build 1100 (beta):
- Transfer Queue: New children are now always added right after the last existing child.
Changes in version 4.0 build 1098 (beta):
- Terminal: New custom defined commands.
- FTP/SFTP: New buffered file write.
- Browser: Tree control can now reuse enumerated objects in shellview
- Fix: Terminal: Crash after the terminal has been resized with certain terminal emulations
- Fix: Remote Browser: Reconnect button was not always enabled
- Fix: Local Browser: Windows XP: Drag&Drop from shellview to tree control.
- Fix: Local Browser: Open command now opens a new Local Browser.
- Fix: Refactor: Asynchronous events can no longer cause memory leaks.
- Fix: Browser: Travel log
Changes in version 4.0 build 1097:
- Compiled with Visual Studio 2010 RTM.
- Favorites: Added “Overwrite Files & Merge Folders” to file exist action.
- Editor: Added expand/collapse all folding to View->Folding menu.
- Custom Commands: Rewrite or back and frontend
Changes in version 4.0 build 1095 (beta):
- FTP/FTPS: Added additional buffer for receive.
- Regression: TLS: If client certificate cannot be found, no client certificate will be used.
- Fix: SSH: Socket disconnect was not handled correctly.
- Internal Refactoring: Replaced CAutoPtr, CAutoVectorPtr with std::unique_ptr, boost::scoped_ptr, boost::scoped_array
Changes in version 4.0 build 1094 (beta):
- Terminal: Window title now uses the remote window title submitted by the terminal.
- Browser: Windows XP: Workaround for Windows XP bug (API returns wrong file size) that manifested itself in the Visual Compare feature.
Changes in version 4.0 build 1093 (beta):
- Fix: Transfer Queue: Remove finished items was no longer working.
- Fix: SSH: Timeout did never happen.
- Toolbars can no longer be moved to the bottom.
- Closing a tab doesn’t require the tab to be focused first
- Fix: Terminal: Text was inserted at the beginning of the row instead at a new line
- Fix: Transfer Queue: Error when selecting a script in the transfer queue item properties dialog
- Fix: Transfer Queue: Dependencies were not created under some circumstances
- FTP: Completely reroot SSL layer
SmartFTP screenshot, click on the image for a larger version.
|Version number||4.0 build 1102|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2008|
|File sizes||13.00MB – 15.20MB|