Plex has released version 18.104.22.16842 of Media Server. This version was previously available to holders of the paid PlexPass, but can now be downloaded by anyone. Plex Media Server is a media server for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and various NAS devices. The software can serve content to clients on the same machine, within the local network or over the Internet. Client software is available for the aforementioned operating systems, but content can also be viewed on iOS, Android, Google TV and Chromecast, for example. The program is free to use and also has PlexPass, a paid service that gives access to ‘premium features’ and earlier to new versions. Since version 22.214.171.12495, the following changes and improvements have been made:.
Plex Media Server version 126.96.36.19930
- (DVR) Require postal code during setup for Poland, Russia, and Switzerland.
Plex Media Server version 188.8.131.5242
- (Transcoder) Add support for the Intel Compute Runtime OpenCL driver versions 20.36 and later for newer integrated GPU models on Linux
- (Web) Updated to 4.47.3
- (DVR) Plex Tuner Service would sometimes fail to start up on Windows, when machine was under load (#12035)
- (Library) Studio would be listed twice in custom filters (#12124)
- (Pivots) Only display playlist pivot if it is non-empty (#12097)
- (Scanner) New movies would have incomplete metadata if the scan was invoked from the command line (#12156)
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Linux, macOS, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|