Opera has released version 19 of its web browser of the same name. Opera switched from its in-house render engine Presto to Blink last year. This is part of Chromium, which is also used by Google Chrome, among others. Opera is available for Windows and OS X, but not yet for Linux. Version 19 uses a newer release of Chromium, among other things, we see the return of the favorites bar and it has become easier to customize the themes.
Fixes and stability enhancements since Opera 18
- Opera 19 includes updates to the latest Chromium release, version 32.
- Bookmarks bar: save, organize, and easily access pages from a bar just below the combined address and search bar.
- Theme creation: upload images or use images from the web to customize the look of your browser.
Improvements since Opera 18
- stability enhancement.
- Enhanced support for Chromium extensions.
- Custom themes can be created from the image context menu (right-click, or Ctrl-click on Mac, in any image to try).
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|