With the help of Mp3tag it is possible to adjust metadata of various audio formats. For example, it is possible to rename files based on the tag(s) and the tags of music files can be supplemented by looking up all data via an online database. Mp3tag supports Advanced Audio Coding, Free Lossless Audio Codec, MPEG Layer 3, Ogg Vorbis and Windows Media Audio formats, among others. A new version of Mp3tag has recently appeared on the program’s site in the form of 2.35. This new-fangled version can be accessed by clicking on this link can be downloaded as an installation package and comes with the following laundry list of changes:
REL: VERSION 2.35 (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003)
- FIX: improved drag’n’drop support for covers from web browsers at the extended tag dialog didn’t work as expected.
- LNG: Simplified Chinese language file.
- FIX: track column at freedb dialog wasn’t sorted numerically at click on column header.
- CHG: ‘Decode ISO-8859-1 tags using system codepage’ now enabled by default.
- FIX: file view wasn’t updated occasionally on ‘File > Read tag’ or ‘Ctrl+T’.
- FIX: Multiple tag fields were not preserved on tag copy/tag cut operations.
- NEW: improved drag’n’drop support for covers from web browsers at the extended tag dialog.
- NEW: support for UFID (UNIQUEFILEID) ID3v2 frame.
- FIX: removing ID3v2 tags from files > 16 MB didn’t work on Windows 2000 (since 2.32p).
- FIX: OK button wasn’t enabled after selecting a field when adding new fields at the extended tag dialog.
- FIX: connections through proxy servers didn’t work occasionally (since 2.32p).
- FIX: button ‘Create local index’ used the modified freedb path only after closing the options dialog.
- NEW: file list on freedb dialog can now be sorted on column click.
- FIX: ‘Suggest sorting …’ at freedb dialog filled length column with filenames (since 2.33).
- CHG: WRITER now COMPOSER for MP4 tags.
- CHG: revised help file and changed to xhtml.
- FIX: problem with exporting registry keys containing vertical tabs.
- FIX: case-sensitive comparison has inverted effect at action type ‘Replace with regular expressions’ (since 2.34e)
- FIX: runtime error at ‘Filename – Filename’ if there were more directory levels than available at the format string.
- FIX: random problem when saving cover art to WMA files.
- FIX: Playlists were not saved in system codepage anymore.
- FIX: wrong line numbers at web source debug files.
- FIX: double dollar sign $$ was replaced with single dollar sign at ‘Replace with regular expressions’.
- CHG: increased max. number of web sources to 30.
- CHG: preview at ‘Tag – Filename’ now with proper carriage return/newline combinations.
- FIX: filenames or directory names as simple command line arguments (without /fp: or /fn:) did not work.
- CHG: setup downloads missing dlls from mp3tag server on request.
- NEW: button for quick actions at toolbar (keyboard shortcut: Alt+Shift+5).
- NEW: button for fast freedb/web source access at toolbar (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+I).
- FIX: minor focus quirk at freedb selection dialog.
- FIX: rounding errors on tracks length of MP3s resulted in wrong bitrates on very short samples.
- FIX: tracknumbers with leading zeros in MP4 tags were stored as freeform atoms and were not displayed in iTunes anymore.
- CHG: excluded _DIRECTORY from _ALL at actions.
- FIX: infinite loop on some actions which renamed directories (since 2.34b).
- NEW: field _DIRECTORY at actions.
- CHG: better detection of publisher at Amazon web source.
- CHG: optimizations regarding program size (~700 KB).
- NEW: action type ‘Import cover from file’.
- NEW: option ‘Don’t display first image from file directory as cover art’ at ‘Options > Tags’ (enabled by default).
- FIX: technical information for WavPack lossy wasn’t displayed if there was no WavPack correction file.
- NEW: support for DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS and CONTENTGROUP at MP4 tags.
- CHG: COMPLIATION now ITUNESCOMPILATION for MP4 tags.
- CHG: field for total count of tracks at autonumbering wizard is now disabled if reset option is enabled.
- FIX: WMA bitrate wasn’t displayed correctly on some files.
- CHG: arithmetic scripting functions are using 64 bit ints now to prevent overflows.
- FIX: runtime error when choosing ‘View > Tags…’
|Operating systems||Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003|