The Mozilla Foundation has released version 68.5.0 of Thunderbird. Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source email and newsgroup client, with features such as support for several mail and news accounts, a spam filter, spell checker, and a customizable look and feel.
In version 68 we see a 64bit version for Windows for the first time and from this version it is now also possible to migrate a 32bit version to the 64bit version. Furthermore, the program can be managed via policies within corporate environments, filters can now be started periodically and multiple folders can be marked as ‘read’ at the same time. In version 68.5.0, the following changes and improvements have been made:
- Support for Client Identity IMAP/SMTP Service Extension
- Support for OAuth 2.0 authentication for POP3 accounts
- Status area goes blank during account setup
- Calendar: Could not remove color for default categories
- Calendar: Prevent calendar component loading multiple times
- Calendar: Today pane did not retain width between sessions
- Various security fixes
- When upgrading from Thunderbird version 60 to version 68, add-ons are not automatically updated during the upgrade process. They will however be updated during the add-on update check. It is of course possible to reinstall combatible add-on via the Add-ons Manager or via addons.thunderbird.net.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|