Mozilla has released version 2.24 of SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite and consists of a web browser and programs for e-mailing and reading news. A simple HTML editor is also provided. Unlike the Mozilla Application Suite, SeaMonkey is maintained by the community, while the SeaMonkey Council oversees maintenance. The list of changes for this release is as follows:
SeaMonkey specific changes
- The DoNotTrack and Prompt on Sanitize preferences are now kept in sync.
- A pref (mailnews.p7m_external) has been added to allow users to choose an alternate application/pkcs7-mime handling.
- Support for Atom Threading Extensions (RFC 4685) has been added.
- Migrating profiles from Thunderbird supports the new signons file format now (support for the old format has been dropped).
- Autocomplete drop-downs (eg used on the Location Bar and Open Location dialog) now show favicons for their entries.
- The account name is now displayed in the status bar for all messages when checking mail.
- IMAP alert messages now show the server of the corresponding mail account.
- Newsgroup names are now searched for all search strings combined (AND-search) on the subscribe dialog.
- see the changes page for a more complete overview.
Mozilla platform changes
- Removed support for importing logins from the legacy signons.txt format, including the Base64 conversion (bug 717490).
- Enabled support for TLS 1.2 (RFC 5246) by default (bug 861266).
- Added support for the SPDY 3.1 protocol
- Added ability to reset style sheets using all:unset
- Added support for scrolled fieldsets (overflow property support, bug 261037).
- Implemented allow-popups directive for iframe sandbox, enabling increased security (bug 766282).
- Unprefixed CSS cursor keywords -moz-grab and -moz-grabbing (bug 880672).
- Added support for ES6 generators in SpiderMonkey (blog post).
- Implemented support for mathematical function Math.hypot() in ES6 (bug 896264).
- Added dashed line support on Canvas (bug 768067).
- Fixed Azure/Skia content rendering on Linux (bug 740200).
- Fixed several stability issues.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
24.80MB – 48.80MB