Malwarebytes has released version 4.4.9 of its eponymous antivirus program. This program is aimed at fighting malware, such as malicious software that pretends to be a bona fide antivirus or antispyware solution, but in reality has less good intentions, such as ransom– or scareware† In addition to the free version, there is a paid variant, which offers additional functionality, including real-time protection. The changelog for this release looks like this:
Features and improvements
- Added Windows Firewall Status monitoring under the Security Advisor feature.
- Improved the installation experience.
- Enhanced detection, remediation, and performance.
- MBAM-5448: Multiple blocks reported while browsing on Google Chrome using Windows 11 devices despite having Malwarebytes for Windows integrated with Browser Guard.
- MBAM-5368: Incorrect date displayed under the Scan history section.
- MBAM-1990: Scheduled scan changes are not read correctly under certain circumstances.
- MBAM-4489: Recurring memory usage spikes with the mbamtray.exe process.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|