LazyCat is probably an unknown program to many of us. Still, it’s really handy, I couldn’t live without it. What does he do? The program makes a list of all files on your hard disk and CDROMs. This is really super fast and fully automatic. If you put a CD in the computer, it will be completely scanned in a few seconds without you noticing. If you later find a file, you just type in the file name and LazyCat tells you which directory is on which CD/HD-Partition (the label is called for CDs, or the name you may have entered yourself). Innovations in version 1.1 are:
- group. You can assign every disks to some groups: mp3, programs, new, etc. Then you can search in these groups.
- Wild card support. Like *.mp3 etc.
- Manual scan option.
- Context menus with all kinds of things! Very usefull! (those Right-click menus 🙂
- Various export functions! _Very_ usefull if you just searched for some files and you want to export them to a file or the clipboard!
- Automatic comment adding. (looks for a file named file_id.diz and some other files on your cd.)
- Extensive help file.
- Full uninstall support. (start menu items.)
- Automatically check for new updates
- Automatically send program statistics to me by internet. (i want to know if my program is used 🙂
- Fixed the bugs.
- Selective disc scanning suppression. (thanx Chuck!)
- Database conversion. Your database will be converted automatically to newer versions!
- Some other small things.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000|