Version 3.3.2 of Krita has been released. Krita is a program for editing and creating digital drawings, and can handle both bitmap and vector graphics. The program was previously part of Calligra Suite and is being developed by the KDE team, but also works fine under Gnome or XFCE. In addition, there are downloads for Windows and macOS. In version 3.1, support for macOS is complete and animations can be saved as gif, mp4, mkv or ogg. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Krita 3.3.2 Released
Today we are releasing Krita 3.3.2, a bugfix release for Krita 3.3.0. This release fixes two important regressions:
- Krita 3.3.1 would read brush presets with textures incorrectly. This is now fixed.
- Windows 1709 broke wintab and Windows Ink tablet handling in various ways; we worked around that and it works again in this version of Krita.
Additionally, there are the following fixes and improvements:
- Animation: make it possible to export empty frames after the end of the animation.
- Animation: make it possible to render up to a 10,000 frames
- Add a command-line option to start Krita with a new, empty image: krita –new-image RGBA,8,5000,3000
- Performance: improved caching for effect and selection masks
- Performance: Fix a leak in the smudge brush
- Performance: Improve performance when using the hardware-accelerated canvas
- Performance, Windows: improve the performance when loading icons
- macOS: render the frames-per-second overlay widget correctly
- Filters: it’s now possible to edit the filter’s settings directly in the xml that is used to save filter definitions to .krita files.
- Filters: a new ASC_CDL color balance filter was added, with Slope, Offset and Power options.
- Crashes: fix a crash that happened when closing a second document with infinite canvas active
- Layers: Make it possible to copy group layers
- UI: make it possible to use the scroll-wheel to scroll through patterns when the patterns palette is very narrow.
- UI: Improve drag and drop feedback in the layer panel
- UI: Hide the lock and collapse titlebar icons when a panel is floating
- G’Mic: the included G’Mic is updated to the latest release.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|