Intel has released version 3.5.4 of its Solid State Drive Toolbox. With this program it is possible to manage an SSD from Intel. For example, it can provide information about the characteristics of the drive, some diagnostic tests on the SSD can be released and performance can be optimized. In addition, it is possible to update the firmware. The changelog of the past few versions shows the following changes and improvements:
Changes in version 3.5.4:
- This release includes firmware update for the Intel SSD 660p Series products, for latest firmware revision 002C
- Refined Power management behavior and enhanced power state transitions.
Changes in version 3.5.3:
- This release of the Intel SSD Toolbox includes firmware update for:
- Intel SSD 540s Series products, for firmware revision LSF042C.  Intel SSD Pro 5400s Series products, for latest firmware revision LSF042P
- Intel SSD E 5400s Series products, for latest firmware revision LSF042E.
- Intel SSD DC S3100s Series products, for latest firmware revision LSF042D.
- This revision includes a firmware update for the 256GB and 512GB Intel SSD 540s and Pro 5400s Series as well.
- Intel SSD 540s Series products (256GB and 512GB), for latest firmware revision LBF016C.
- Intel S SD Pro 5400s Series products (256GB and 512GB), for latest firmware revision LBF016P.
- Fixed issue that, in some extreme cases, may result in user losing access to drive.
Changes in version 3.5.1: This release of the Intel SSD Toolbox includes firmware update for the Intel SSD DC S4500 / S4600 Series products; for latest firmware revision SCV10111.
- Firmware mapping updated, use latest SSD Data Center Tool to update to latest firmware version for
- Intel SSD DC P4500 / P4600 Series products; latest firmware revision QDV10170.
- Intel SSD DC P4510 / P4610 Series products; latest firmware revision VDV10120.
- Intel Optane ™ SSD DC P4800X Series products; latest firmware revisions E2010324 (375GB) and E2010325 (750GB).
- For Intel SSD 760p Series, fixed drive namespace issue to support latest Intel Client NVMe * Microsoft Windows * Drivers for Intel SSDs
Changes in version 3.5.0:
- This release of the Intel SSD Toolbox includes support for Intel SSD 760p and Pro 7600p Series, the Intel SSD E 6100p Series, and the Intel SSD DC P4100 Series products.
- Minor fixes to the GUI error outputs for diagnostic scanning and Optimize functionality.
- Fixes known errors to feature permissions.