Gretech has released an update for version 2.2 of GOM Player. This free media player is developed by Gretech and is suitable for Windows XP or higher. GOM Player comes with several popular codecs, so they don’t need to be installed separately in Windows. If a file is played for which the codec is not yet available, it can be automatically found and added via the codec finder. Furthermore, support is available for playing incomplete files and of course also for subtitles. The installer comes with an AVG toolbar, but installation is optional. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Changes in version 184.108.40.20683 include the following:
- GOM Media Player now officially supports Windows 8.1.
- Fixed an issue where MP3 files containing album art information would not play while using Enhanced Video Renderer.
- Modified file access rights during playback.
- Improved playback support for files requiring the TSCC codec.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Enhanced Video Renderer video output setting.
- Fixed an issue where MP4 files made with Windows Movie Maker wouldn’t play properly.
- Fixed an issue affecting ASX and video/audio streaming from the Internet.
- Fixed an issue affecting .AVI files created with Casio Digital Cameras.
- Improved playback while playing files with Intel Quick Sync Video enabled.
- Intel Quick Sync Video and the ASF source filter are now both disabled by default.
- Other misc. corrections and fixes.
Note: If you are using GOM Media Player version 220.127.116.1181 or older and receive a message saying “This version is the most recently updated version.” please download the latest version directly from our download page and overwrite the older install by simply installing the latest version of GOM Media Player.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|