Ghost Solution Suite is a complete package for imaging and rolling out images on computers such as thin clients, tablets, desktops, laptops and servers. It supports Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems and can multicast several clients with the same image without putting additional burden on the network. In addition, it can keep an inventory of the installed software, also offer it as installations and then make updates. Broadcom released version 3.3 RU7 earlier this month with the following changes:
Whats new in Ghost Solution Suite 3.3 RU7
- Expanded list of supported operating systems and platforms. The following operating systems and platforms are now supported:
- RHEL/CentOS 8.3
- RHEL/CentOS 7.9
- Automatic installation of SQL Express is no longer available. The option to install SQL Express automatically during the installation of Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) is no longer available. If you require a SQL instance, you must install it manually before proceeding with the installation of GSS.
- UEFI support for Linux imaging.
- Imaging of Linux devices with UEFI boot is now supported.
- Also added ability to capture images of Linux devices with BIOS boot and deploy such images to Linux devices with UEFI boot, converting boot from BIOS to UEFI.
- Added ability to create VHD images that are greater than 127 GB.
- Improved performance of imaging to S3 storages with s3fs.
Fixed Issues of Ghost Solution Suite 3.3 RU7
- GSS 3.3 RU6 (and earlier) is not reporting inventory for Office 365 correctly. (211368)
|Version number||3.3 RU7|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019|