Version 1.6.6 of foobar2000 has been released. This popular, lightweight music player supports MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Flac, WAV and WMA, among others, and has support for Replay Gain. Furthermore, the player can convert different formats, the program has extensive options to adjust the tags and the interface can be completely customized. In addition, it is possible to change the functionality using plugins expand. The changelog for this release looks like this:
Changes in version 1.6.5:
- Made Advanced Preferences searchable.
- Added support for attaching pictures to Matroska files; fixed Matroska tag editing bugs.
- More accurate reporting of Matroska bitrate (actual content is probed if needed).
- Added itunesadvisory tag support for M4A.
- Updated embedded cuesheet handling code.
- Replaced PPHS resampler with much faster libretro resampler.
- Added support for internet radio album art.
- Converter: Encoded FLAC files are now updated with proper FLAC seektables, if FLAC.exe doesn’t write them by itself.
- Converter: Workarounds for clashes when writing to a Media Library indexed folder.
- Converter: Added built-in profile for exhale AAC encoder.
- Converter: Fixed some warning prompts not being possible to permanently disable.
- Fixed slightly inaccurate bitrate reporting for Musepack and WavPack. Tags are now excluded from file size used to calculate the bitrate.
- Now compiled with Visual Studio 2019 (was 2017 before).
- Album art related regressions fixed. (beta 2)
- Worked around 7 zip reading crash. (beta 2)
- Fixed missing no artwork pic in some scenarios. (beta 3)
- Fixed slower playlist & library search regression from earlier betas. (beta 4)
- Fixed failure to read some rare MP4/M4A files. (beta 5)
- Converter: Added a toggle for FLAC seektable fix. (beta 5)
- Fixed Default UI playlist rendering glitches with millions of items. (beta 6)
- Fixed decoding of 7-channel FLAC files. (beta 7)
- Made FLAC channel mask not cleared with ‘remove tags’. (beta 7)
- Improved compatibility with badly configured HLS radio servers. (beta 7)
- Fixed odd sample rate auto resampling regression from earlier betas. (beta 8)
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|