The seventh beta release of foobar2000 version 1.3.0 has been released. This popular, lightweight music player supports MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Flac, WAV, and WMA, among others, and has support for Replay Gain. Furthermore, the player can convert different formats and the program has extensive options to adjust the tags. In addition, it is possible to change the functionality using plugins expand. The changelog for version 1.3.0 looks like this:
Changes in version 1.3
- Generic performance optimizations, mainly affecting very large playlists and libraries.
- Beta 3: further improved configuration save cycle and shutdown performance with very large libraries.
- Playlist & Media Library search dialogs no longer block UI when performing lookups.
- Converter: added an option to transfer ReplayGain information to the destination files.
- Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000’s cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.
- Beta 3: the feature is now customizable by editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar2000 profile folder.
- Updated FFmpeg to 2.0.1.
- Corrected gapless playback of HE-AAC files made with iTunes.
- Improved smooth playlist scrolling.
|Version number||1.3.0 beta 7|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|