Version 3.6.4 of Dropbox has been released. Dropbox is an online storage service that makes it possible to synchronize files between different computers. In addition, files and photo albums can be shared with people who don’t have Dropbox accounts. Clients are available for Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Kindle Fire. A free account gives you access to 2GB of storage, with the option to expand it by introducing new users. Against payment of ten euros per month, the storage capacity is 1TB. There is also the possibility to for Business to take out a subscription. Version 3.6 includes a new installation procedure and dialog boxes for folder or file sharing in Windows, and Dropbox detects faster when a folder or file has been renamed.
New in 3.6.4:
- Fix issues with view-only shared folder icons on OS X.
New in the 3.6 series:
- Improved network utilization on uploads for fast internet connections.
- New Windows Installer with helper for updates. (1)
- Windows native shared folder dialogs. (2)
- Faster rename detection (3)
- Windows: User configuration data is stored in AppData\Local on fresh install (instead of AppData\Roaming).
- Upgraded to Python 2.7.9.
- Manual installs will go to Program Files (x86) if you grant Administrator Access when prompted by the installer. If you install this version and later want to downgrade to the 3.4 version you will first need to uninstall this version first. *This will cause the application to reindex.
- As usual, please report any issues with this installer on this forums thread.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry OS, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10|