The folks at DivX recently released a new version of the software of the same name, and it’s available for download in two flavors as usual. The first download is named DivX Play and consists in addition to the codec to play DivX film material, also the DivX Player to play these films (as well as other formats). The second download will be made available as DivX Create and contains, in addition to the software from the Play package, the codec to convert movie files to the DivX format with specific settings and finally a converter to easily convert movies to your own format. DivX Play is free to use, unlike DivX Create, which can be purchased for $19.99 or can be tested for 15 days for free. The new 6.3 version of DivX has undergone the following changes from 6.2:
- Integrated video conversion, uploading, and publishing to stage6.divx.com
- Includes new DivX 6.2.5 decoder with enhanced video sharpening filters
- Performance and stability enhancements have been implemented
- DivX Subtitles rendering has been greatly improved
- Audio/Video sync issues for some types of malformed files have been fixed
- A stuttering playback problem which occurred on some integrated video cards has been addressed.
- The DivX Player can now play back videos larger than 2 GB
- The DivX Player can play back files that are created using the AVI 2.0 standard.
- The video overlay now resets properly at the end of wmv, asf and other non DivX video files
- Password retrieval via a web browser now works properly
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003|