Piriform has released version 5.81 of CCleaner, the latest version with support for Windows Vista and XP. This program can be used to clean various parts of Windows. This includes temporary Windows and Internet files, but also unnecessary junk from a large number of other programs, including Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, WinRAR and so on. In addition, the number of programs that CCleaner can clean up can easily be expanded with the CCEnhancer program.
In addition to cleaning, CCleaner can also fix errors in the registry and shortcuts, modify the list of programs that start with Windows, and it is possible to manage cookies. From this version, the general condition of the computer can also be tested. In addition to a free version, there is also a pro version, which includes an automatic update function. In this release, among other things, a function has been added to update drivers, but it is not yet available for everyone to use.
- Fixed a crash if using Health Check without an internet connection
Driver Updater Beta
- Released to a limited group for initial feedback
- You can use the ‘Give Feedback’ button within the feature to share your thoughts
- Not yet suitable for users of assistive technologies (it will be when fully released)
- We expect to make it available to everyone very soon! 🙂
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor UI improvements
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|